Friday, March 4, 2011

Resolution Update

In my first blog of the year I laid out my fitness resolutions for 2011. In the interest of accountability I wanted to take a few minutes to discuss where I am achieving those resolutions and what plans I have in place to complete each of them. This also is a good opportunity to evaluate and update my goals for the rest of the year.

When I was looking ahead at 2011 I set forth 4 (actually 5 one of them was a 2 parter) fitness resolutions that I was committed to achieving in 2011.

The first was to complete my quest to lost 100 Pounds. As I am sure everyone has heard; this is a quest I am proud to say I completed on January 26. I am currently at 196lbs which 103lbs lost. I am still watching my calories and wouldn’t mind losing another 10 pounds or so, but I am thrilled with where I am.

The second resolution I set forth is to finish the Insanity fitness program, as I am typing this I have 3 days left. I have missed 2 days of the program as it has progressed but I am proud to say I have worked harder and dug deeper than ever before and I can certainly feel the differences in my body. I plan to finish March out with a bit of a scattershot approach to my workouts I will explain further in my weekly update but I do plan to do Insanity again or possibly P90X as early as April. There is also a new Insanity Program coming out soon called Asylum and I can’t wait to give it a try.

The third and fourth resolution were intertwined as I wanted to run a 5k race before the end of March and a 10k race before the end of the year. I am pleased to say that on February 26th I completed my first 5k. You can read about the entire experience HereI plan to run at least 2 more 5k races as I begin to prepare and look for a 10k to run. I hope to run one in April and another in May or June I will let everyone know as soon as I have found the dates. I have enjoyed running more than I thought I would and I hope when I look at 2012 I can look to run a half marathon or maybe even further.

NOT ME!
My final resolution that I set for myself at the time was that I wanted abs. Actually; I think I only said an ab… I have never had abs before and while I know this seems like a silly goal it is a goal I am committed to. Through the running and the insanity workouts I am seeing my mushy mid-section start to tighten up and I think I may have seen the slightest glimpse of my first little abdominal muscle the other night. I still have a long way to go and a lot of work to get there; but how cool will it be if this summer at 36 years old I can for the first time in my life not be ashamed to take my shirt off at the beach or the pool.

I wanted this blog to be a relatively brief update, but I will follow up more on what exercise program I will focus on next and on a few other fitness goals I have for myself going forward.

Also I will try to have a review of Insanity Max Recovery up sometime tomorrow.

 Please also take a minute or 2 and tell me what your fitness goals are and how you are doing and as always thanks to anyone who may be reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment