Sunday, July 24, 2011

My New Kryptonite

The shiny little green rock on the left is the one thing in all the universe that can hurt and even kill an otherwise invulnerable hero.  Kryptonite is the one thing that weakens Superman to the point that the evil doers may have a chance to wreak havoc on the world. Due to the widespread popularity and universal recognition of Superman; Kryptonite has become synonymous with anything that is a weakness or a vulnerability for a person. I have found my new Kryptonite.

Picture Courtesy of mseastcoast.org
There is a wonderful local homemade custard style Ice Creamery here in Ocean Springs, that has amazing flavor creations and super friendly service. The only problem I have with Quakes is that it might be too delicious and certainly can not be a good healthy food choice. That has not stopped me and my family from enjoying it several times in the last few weeks.  I personally like the Heath Bar Quake which is 2 scoops of Vanilla or Chocolate Custard blended with heath Bar. YUM! But there are so many creations I am not sure you could ever try them all. There is always a flavor of the day and one of the great flavors is a no sugar added Yellow Cake. The wife is partial to this flavor with brownies and sprinkles.

Why is this wonderful place my Kryptonite? Quite simply it is the one thing in the last 18 months that I know is bad for me, that I still can't get enough of. Oh, and if you look at the building you will notice it is the same color as Kryptonite. I am not as lucky as ol' Clark Kent though, He didn't have to pass by his weakness twice a day every single day.

I'm sure that little green rock doesn't taste nearly as good as a Quake!



No comments:

Post a Comment