Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Needing Motivation

I don't want to do it! I don't want to train for my Triathlon. I don't want to train for anything. I love to run, but I don't want to; I really love to cycle, but I haven't cycled since Saturday. I enjoy going to the gym, But I haven't been in 2 weeks. I can blame being busy, I can blame a tight schedule, I can throw the blame on life itself, but the simple fact is, I am struggling with motivation right now. I don't know what has caused this case of the blahs; but all week I have chosen to sleep in instead of getting up and getting my exercise.

I have found myself a little bit frustrated that I am not running any faster than I was a few months ago, nor am I riding any faster than I was last month. I am also a little frustrated b/c I have still not found the opportunity to get in the water. I think it might be easier to just run and bike for enjoyment and forget about the triathlon.

There is a voice deep inside of me that is telling me not to throw in the towel; I have set this goal and I can achieve it; but every other part of me is thinking how much easier life would be if I just put this goal off for now. I have accomplished a lot and I do not want to stop now... but, part of me doesn't want to continue either. Life would  easier without a training schedule ...

Give me some help guys; I don't want to let anyone down, not even myself, I have set this goal.... I want to achieve it... how do I get past this mental block....

No comments:

Post a Comment