Friday, July 29, 2011

Running in Kentucky


My wife's family has a reunion every couple of years in Louisville Kentucky. Through nine years of marriage this is the first time we have had the opportunity to attend. I have been looking forward to it and dreading it all at the same time.

The only reasons I would say dreading is because it is a long drive with the girls and also because meeting a bunch of new people is a little outside of my comfort zone.

The ride up really wasn't too bad, and so far so good on the meeting new people thing. It is no surprise that all of Reagan's family its incredibly nice and very down to earth.

Even with everything going well, I still needed to get a good run in for my physical and my mental well being.

What a great run! I ran around the two ponds and up the big hill and watched a deer cross in front of me before heading down the hill and logging a little more than 3 miles. The scenery was beautiful with the rolling hills and beautiful sunrise, I just had to stop and snap this picture.

I did not plug the eat buds in and did not listen to any music I tried to focus on my form, my breathing and my surroundings. I was not concerned with pace or splits just with enjoying the run, and I enjoyed it very much.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment