"The purpose of the Fit Test is for you to determine your present level of fitness, and to give you a “benchmark” that you can use to gauge your progress as you go through the program. The Fit Test is done at the beginning of Insanity, and then again every 2 weeks.
This Fit Test isn’t a few stretches and a strength test as many similar tests are – quite to the contrary! Including the warm up and cool down, the Insanity Fit Test is a 25-minute workout that will leave you drenched in sweat, and wondering what you have gotten yourself into!
There are a total of 8 exercises that you do, each for 1 full minute. No equipment is required for the Fit Test, or for any Insanity workout – the entire program is all body weight exercises.
In the Fit Test, you are supposed to give a 100% effort each time you do it so that you can accurately gauge the progress that you have made by doing the Insanity workouts. The exercises are:
- Switch Kicks – standing up straight and alternately kicking each leg out in front as high as you can.
- Squat Jacks – jumping jacks, only in Squat Jacks you go down into a full squat at the end of every repetition.
- Power Knees – standing up straight with your hands interlaced overhead, and then bringing 1 knee up at an angle across your body as many times as you can.
- Power Jumps – down into a full squat and then leaping up into the air as far as you can.
- Globe Jumps – one hop back, one hop to the right, one hop forward, and one hop to the left equals 1 repetition.
- Suicide Jumps - from a standing position down into a plank position, then back to standing and then leap straight into the air.
- Push Up Jacks – regular push ups, only you spread your feet wide apart and then bring them back together on every single repetition
- Low Plank Obliques – from a plank position, keep your upper body totally still while alternatively bringing each knee up as close to your shoulders as possible.
Well as I watched the two ridiculously fit workout machines complete the fit test on the video I learned a few things.
1. I don't have a lot of coordination.
2. I have a long way to go.
3. Whoever Tanya is She is absurd!
I was actually a little little surprised with how well I did. Here are my results.
Switch Kicks- 52
Power Jacks- 47
Power Knees- 54
Power Jumps- 32
Globe Jumps- 7
Suicide Jumps 9 ( I was worn out by this time)
Push Up Jacks- 16
Low Plank Obliques- 34
My heart was absolutely racing and As I mentioned I was completely gassed. The good news is I did better than expected and completed the fit test. I will retake the fit test every 2 weeks to track progress.
Tomorrow is the first "real" workout I will update everyone... If I survive it!!