Monday, September 6, 2010

INSANITY Day 1 Fit Test

Wow, So after all the hype and all the anticipation I have done it. I have officially begun my 60 days of Insanity. When you hear that day one is a fit test you think it may be a few stretches and a few strength tests to see where you are, but it doesn't sound too intimidating... well I am completely gassed right now so, I found another link to explain what the fit test is. For the full review go here. Thanks to Fitness Destinations for this great overview.

"The purpose of the Fit Test is for you to determine your present level of fitness, and to give you a “benchmark” that you can use to gauge your progress as you go through the program. The Fit Test is done at the beginning of Insanity, and then again every 2 weeks.

This Fit Test isn’t a few stretches and a strength test as many similar tests are – quite to the contrary! Including the warm up and cool down, the Insanity Fit Test is a 25-minute workout that will leave you drenched in sweat, and wondering what you have gotten yourself into!
There are a total of 8 exercises that you do, each for 1 full minute. No equipment is required for the Fit Test, or for any Insanity workout – the entire program is all body weight exercises.
In the Fit Test, you are supposed to give a 100% effort each time you do it so that you can accurately gauge the progress that you have made by doing the Insanity workouts. The exercises are:Insanity
  • Switch Kicks – standing up straight and alternately kicking each leg out in front as high as you can.
  • Squat Jacks – jumping jacks, only in Squat Jacks you go down into a full squat at the end of every repetition.
  • Power Knees – standing up straight with your hands interlaced overhead, and then bringing 1 knee up at an angle across your body as many times as you can.
  • Power Jumps – down into a full squat and then leaping up into the air as far as you can.
  • Globe Jumps – one hop back, one hop to the right, one hop forward, and one hop to the left equals 1 repetition.
  • Suicide Jumps - from a standing position down into a plank position, then back to standing and then leap straight into the air.
  • Push Up Jacks – regular push ups, only you spread your feet wide apart and then bring them back together on every single repetition
  • Low Plank Obliques – from a plank position, keep your upper body totally still while alternatively bringing each knee up as close to your shoulders as possible.
Well as I watched the two ridiculously fit workout machines complete the fit test on the video I learned a few things.
1. I don't have a lot of coordination.
2. I have a long way to go.
3. Whoever Tanya is She is absurd!

I was actually a little little surprised with how well I did. Here are my results.

Switch Kicks- 52
Power Jacks- 47
Power Knees- 54
Power Jumps- 32
Globe Jumps- 7
Suicide Jumps 9 ( I was worn out by this time)
Push Up Jacks- 16
Low Plank Obliques- 34

My heart was absolutely racing and As I mentioned I was completely gassed. The good news is I did better than expected and completed the fit test. I will retake the fit test every 2 weeks to track progress.

Tomorrow is the first "real" workout I will update everyone... If I survive it!!


1 comment: