Saturday, February 5, 2011

Week in review

This will be a short blog as this was a pretty uneventful week.


Monday started Recovery Week for the Insanity workout program. This week featured a toned down but still very challenging workout. It did not leave me as completely destroyed as some of the routines do, but it was certainly not a walk in the park. After Monday the week was pretty redundant. Recovery Week actually consists of doing the exact same exercise every day. It is a fairly enjoyable workout, but by the 6th day it is a little stale.


Followed that up Tuesday with a with an amazing 30 minute run that actually included 3 full miles and my best pace so far. I was very excited to continuing this progress with each additional run during the week. The bad news is with the drastic change in the weather and the extreme cold and wetness coming in, this was the only run I managed to get in this week. This has got to change as I have only 3 weeks until the Biloxi Arbor Day 5k.

With the need to increase my running and the start of Month 2 of Insanity Next week should be very challenging and a lot of fun I will give a full preview tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment