Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekly Update 2/27

What a crazy week! What a great week! I did what I thought was a small interview that would air once on Monday my local ABC affiliate. what I did not know is that not only would the station air the story multiple times and that with 17,000+ recommendations and over 10,000 likes my little journey would somehow become Facebook's Story of the Week. Thanks to all this attention I have had over 400 new people following along with the facebook group and thousands upon thousands of page views here on the blog.  The support has been overwhelming. Thanks to everyone who has given me support in person or on the computer. Thanks to WLOX for helping me tell my story  
For those who are new to the blog each week I try to take a few minutes to update my progress the previous week and to give preview of what to expect in the upcoming week. 


This was not the most successful week in terms of achieving the goals I laid out last week, There were however some very good results to pass along as well.

I had planned to make 3 runs this week leading up to my race but in fact did not complete any. I don'tactually have any great excuses for not running other than busy week at work and preparation for the race. While I was disappointed in myself for not reaching my goal I was still very proud of my performance in yesterday's 23rd Annual Arbor Day 5k with proceeds going to Disability Connection. I had a great time and beat the goal I had set for myself. I posted a full report yesterday. I definitely plan to run again!

As fas as Insanity goes I posted some very encouraging results on my 4th Fit Test and had some very good workouts this week. In the interest of full disclosure, since I pride myself on always being honest with those supporting me, I did skip Friday's workout in order to prepare for yesterday's race.  With One week to go I hope skipping this day does not disqualify me from "completing" the program.

As I evaluate my progress through the first 2 months of the year I am please to say that at the end of this week I will have accomplished 3 of the 5 New Years Resolutions. I will post a blog later in the week on what to expect next and how I plan to achieve the other 2  resolutions. 

Also this week I will post reviews of 2 more Insanity workouts Max Recovery & Core Cardio & Balance.

This should be an exciting week ahead as i focus on completing Insanity and hopefully still get a couple of runs in so i don't lose any progress.

Monday- Max Interval Plyo
Tuesday- Max Cardio Conditioning & Cardio Abs
Wednesday- Max Interval Circuit
Thursday- Core Cardio & Blanace
Friday- Max Interval Plyo
Saturday- Max Cardio Conditioning & Cardio Abs
Sunday- Final Fit Test!

As always Thanks to anyone who may be reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment