Thursday, April 14, 2011

A bit of decadence

Enjoying a few days in New Orleans for a long planed Family vacation. We had originally planned this get away 2 years ago but the night before we wee going to leave I fell and broke my leg. Started my day with a beautiful run through the Garden District (about 2.7 miles) followed by a light breakfast.

After breakfast we spent the entire day walking around the Audubon Zoo with the girls. A great time was had by all. On an effort to save money and eat a little healthier we packed a picnic ate a light lunch on front of a sloth and an anteater.

For a dinner wet wanted a true taste off the city and we ventured a visit to Joey K's where I had a great trout tchoupitoulas (basically it was seared and covered with shrimp and crab meat).

After dinner I gave In to a fantastic local desert spot called Sucre and had the most wonderful chocolate caramel milkshake ever. Amazingly decadent I think I may still be somewhere close to my calorie goal since breakfast and lunch were light. Even if I am way over for the day, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Try to get another run in the morning then get to sleep in a box tomorrow night.

Life is good
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment