Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day in the Big Easy night in a box

As I wrote my last post I was hoping to get up Friday morning and get another 2 to 3 mile run through the Garden District, unfortunately for a few days now I have been struggling with some discomfort in my left foot. Because of all the walking through the zoo Thursday I woke up with more discomfort than normal. I decided to forego thur morning run. I was confident I would get plenty of movement in during the day.

stock photo from Google Images
Huge Ray!
A fierce Shark
We started our day by walking from the hotel to the St. Charles street car. We rode the street car to Canal St.Molly that this was a blast. I thought it was crowded and loud.. From our drop off point we walked about half a mile to the Audubon Aquarium of America. Plenty of amazing sights and lots of walking, most of the walking carrying a sleeping 30 pound baby. The only thing I didn't like is it seemed there were 62 elementary schools having field trips at the same time we were there. Wow it was loud! But there were some amazing sights and it was a lot of fun.


Almost failed to mention we also spent some time walking through the River Walk where we split an order of beignets from Cafe' Du Monde. This was Molly's first true beignet and she absolutely loved it. she got to watch them make them before eating them. I had forgot how messy those powdery delights can be.. A true New Orleans legend.

After the aquarium we went for an amazing lunch at the Camellia Grill. This place is not your typical NOLA fare. It is a throwback old school short order diner. we were in and out ion less than 30 minutes and the food was exceptional.
The wife's sandwich

The Night's Accomodations
When we got home out was time for us to spend our night on a box. This was an amazing experience, and much less comfortable than I had imagined. We had a great mixture of wind and rain throughout the night and really not much sleep. If you ever find yourself in need of a box to sleep in make sure there is enough room for your eight year old who won't be able to get comfortable in her own box. Comfortable must be a relative term as I was never truly comfortable, but she snoozed through the night once she took over half my box..A couple of good things were that many off us gained some more compassion for what others have to deal with. Also there were thousands of dollars raised to support the Back Bay Mission.

A little tired and stiff this am, but life is good

By the way I got on the scale this morning and despite the mini vacation I was still happy to see 191 that is a total loss of 108 lbs

Life is good.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

  1. Glad yall had a good time! We did night in a box last year and it was a awesome humbling experience!