Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another week in the books...

Time to put a bow on another week of 2011 and check on where I am in relation to my fitness goals.

Monday I had my best run so far; I ran a farther distance and made better pace than I had before. 2.20 miles in 25 minutes. I know I am still far from fast; but it is progress. Monday I also completed my 2nd fit test and made some very good progress. For more details see the blog from just a few days ago.

Tuesday was another good day. I did my first Fartlek workout hen after a long day at work, I stared down my arch nemesis Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit.  Even though Tuesday was worse than in Monday at work winning a battle against Plyo circuit always helps the mood.

When I set up this weeks schedule I added more days of running than in previous weeks and perhaps that was a mistake. I woke up Wednesday with some pain in my calves; combine that with rain and I did not make the run I had scheduled. I did complete Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs, although it mostly felt like I was going through the motions. There were a lot of aches & soreness and my body just did not perform well. However, I did weigh-in and did lose a pound so overall I guess Wednesday wasn't too bad.

My legs were still a little sore on Thursday morning. I had scheduled a morning walk but opted to make Thursday a Full Cardio Recovery Day. So, I completed the Insanity Cadio Recovery workout and called it a night.

Friday all the aches & pains had subsided so, the body was able, but the spirit wasn't willing. It took me a long time to get motivated for my morning run only to walk out the door in to a stiff breeze and decide one more day off wouldn't hurt me. This was the type of justification that can completely derail a workout routine but I was committed to getting back on track. I did not forgo my Insanity Strength & Conditioning workout

Saturday was perhaps my favorite day of the week. I was out of the house by 6:15 for an early Men's Breakfast with the men from church then I want for an amazing 2.2 mile run on the "board walk" along the beach. The beach is awesome early in the morning and I felt invigorated I actually ran the 2.2 Miles faster today than I did on Monday. I have hope yet that I will be ready for my Arbor Day 5k Febraury 26.

I finished the week off with another battle with Plyo Circuit and defeated my nemesis yet again!!!

Week 3 of Insanity is mercifully over... That leaves only one more week or "regular" insanity then a "recovery week" followed by four weeks of "MAX" workouts... If the max workouts are really that much more difficult then I am certainly not looking forward to it. I am pleased with my progress so far.

I think I will only schedule 3 days of running next week and I feel I will still make the necessary progress to be ready for my race.

I am still looking for ideas on how to celebrate the 100 pound milestone I have a feeling we will be there very soon...

I am so glad tomorrow is a day off...

No comments:

Post a Comment