Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions 2011

It has been a couple of months since last i updated the blog. As we close out 2010 and look ahead to what will come in 2011 I thought it would be a good time to return to the blog and give a few thoughts.

First, what a year 2010 was... I have lost 95 pounds since December 2009 and that is just a start. In many ways 2010 was all about progress. After 4 years back on the gulf coast my family finally found a church home where we are growing more spiritually than ever before. My 7 year old was baptized, and my 15 Month old was dedicated. While I have not read 30 books in 2010 like my wife has I have read 10-15 and discovered some new authors I enjoyed (Vince Flynn).

I feel that my family has made progress, mentally, Spiritually, emotionally, and of course physically. I personally try to look at each of these areas of my life when I make resolutions.

Since this Blog has mostly been dedicated to my weight loss journey I wanted to take some time to share my fitness resolutions for 2011.

1. Complete the 100 pound journey and keep it off! I am currently only about 5 pounds away. I was hoping to finish this by the end of 2010, but I am not deterred by these last few pounds. I will continue to weigh-in and share my weight each Wednesday and I will continue to share any other helpful information that may help anyone else who is struggling with the same problems I am.

2. I will complete Insanity...Yes, I vowed there would be a rematch and now that I have recovered from whatever kind of pinched nerve I previously suffered I am ready to face this challenge head -on ( I took the fit test this morning and will post the results later in the week. For anyone who does not know this is a very intense workout program that will quite literally leave you in a pool of your own sweat... but the results are amazing... This is something I will complete in 2011

3. I will run a 5k and a 10k. I want to run the 5k before spring sometime before the end of March. I am trying to find a Valentines or Arbor Day run. I have never ran a 5k and I want to challenge myself and see if I can do it. I don't want to stop there... before the end of the year I hope to have also conquered a 10k... I can't even imagine running 6.2 miles... but I don't have to imagine it... I have to do it... before the end of 2011

4. Finally, this may sound silly to some people, but I have never in my life had abs... not when I played football, not when I wrestled... Sometime between now and December 31, 2011 I want to have abs... at least one...


I have one more resolution to share... I also resolve to do a better job updating this blog in 2011... I will kepp everyone updated on how the resolutions fare...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment