Sunday, January 23, 2011

What's on Tap?

So, I wrapped up last week in yesterday's blog and I think though I didn't have as good of a week as I was hoping I still made some good progress toward my goals and I am still proud of what I accomplished.

I have noticed a couple of things. First trying to prepare for this 5k and trying to complete Insanity at the same time is very strenuous. The second thing I have learned is that it is important to make sure I am making a realistic and achievable schedule if I hope to successfully complete it. Since the Insanity program is already set up for me it is important for me to make sure I am making the proper adjustments to my running schedule. I have roughly 1 month until the race so it is important that I continue to make progress but it is also important to make sure my muscles are not too fatigued.

With all that in mind I think I will move forward this week with 3 days of running. I am going to shoot for 28 Minutes on my run on Monday, a 22 minute Fartlek workout on Wednesday and 28 minutes on Friday. I am scheduled to work Saturday Morning so I am afraid I will miss my Front Beach run on Saturday; unless I can figure out a way to work that in. I really enjoy the Front Beach run more than anything else. The good news is I am logging 2.2 miles (mostly running) in my original training schedule I was planning to try to go 2 miles this coming week. I guess I am ahead of Schedule.

The other reason why this is an Interesting week is because it is the last week of my first month of Insanity. That is significant for 2 reasons. First after this week I will be facing new workouts I have never seen. Secondly, This is the farthest I have ever made it with this program. Last time I tried this program I got injured on the second to last day of the first month.

here is the outlook:

Monday:
28 Minute Run (walk as little as possible)
Insanity Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs

Tuesday:
Insnaity Power & Resistance

Wednesday:
22 Minute Fartlek workout
Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit: The Arch Nemesis
Lest I not forget it is also Wednesday that I weigh-in

Thursday:
Cardio Recovery

Friday
28 Minute Run
Insanity Pure Cardio & Cardio Abs

Saturday:
Front Beach Run (if possible)
Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit: Our Last Battle

In addition to the exercise I am also going to take some time this week to make sure my caloric intake is correct. I am burning a lot of calories and because of that I have given myself some leeway with my intake but it is important for me to finish this quest and I need to make sure my calorie level is correct

Should be fun.. I will keep everyone updated

As always thank to anyone who may be reading...

1 comment:

  1. You are correct. There are schedules on line to prepare for a 5K. And there are a certain number of days prior to the run that you are to recover and not run.

    ReplyDelete